Melanie wiped herself then glanced down between her legs. Sticky stretchy mucus smeared on the toilet paper. She was ovulating. "Sheee-it!" What a disheartening way to sober up. She wiped again in disbelief.
“Oh Mel,” she slurred, “not again!”
As she slumped over her bare knees, the weight of her head jostled her awake. She remembered that she was still sitting on the toilet. With some effort, she pulled up her black-laced panties, never mind they were rolled and bunched at her hips, and pulled down her equally black miniskirt, barely covering her underwear. She stumbled out of the bathroom stall, back into the thumping techno music. Seeking refuge inside the dank moldy bathroom shielded her headache a bit, the thumping techno music muffled somewhat by the thin walls.
“Thank goodness for sink counters,” Mel thought, chuckling. She needed all the help she could get to prop herself up. Sans the tequila and pot, she may have minded the various indiscernible liquids on the counter top, but instead, she sunk her hands onto watery goop and peered into the mirror. She stared at her reflection. Black liner ran under her eyes while blue and silver eyeshadow smeared above her lids. False lashes that she glued so meticulously on her upper lids not three hours ago dangled in front of her left eye. “Girlfriend,” she pouted, “ya shoulda used a rubber.”
hehehe...
ReplyDeleteI'll have more later...
I'll be out of town the next four days without much internet access, so I might catch up with everyone next week.
Bodily fluids. I like where this blog is going : )
Damn, nice. You capture the fucked-up stumblingness really well, falling asleep on the toilet, pulling up your undies all crooked. I'd take the word "chuckling" out, because that line might be funny to us, but I'm betting she's dead serious. The opening with the um cervical mucus is great, so bodily and real amid the party fantasy life.
ReplyDeleteThis was so graphic! It actually made me cringe a bit, which I'm not prone to doing over female body fluids. I loved this line: “Thank goodness for sink counters,” Mel thought, chuckling. She needed all the help she could get to prop herself up. I never ever had a night like that.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see the limits of the bodily fluids prompt pushed! The detail in this is wonderful. Some that really stood out: The panties "rolled and bunched at her hips," the sinking of the hands "onto watery goop" (such a real and accurate description of a bar bathroom countertop), the lashes dangling from the eye. In your face and unapologetic, a graphic missile. Awesome.
ReplyDelete